Friday 28 December 2012

Final Session



Hi everyone,

 As the title says this will be my last post as I have now finished my weekly ICT workshop sessions. It's a shame they are over as I've learnt so much but excited at the prospect of using all the techniques and software programmes in my lessons in the future.

For the last session I had to create a presentation using my skills and knowledge of the IWB. I decided to create a Science Plenary which involved many different tools (balloon pop, checker tool, click to reveal, erase to reveal, magic tunnel, magnifying glass and pull tabs). I made the page background yellow (for children with Dyslexia) and font one which produces the correct letter formation of 'a' and 'g'.
I aimed the plenary to a Key Stage 1 class.

I was very nervous prior to giving my presentation but the other two members of my group made the experience fun as they involved themselves within each of the slides. I feel my plenary is eye catching and extremely interactive.I used plenty of illustrations to help children with EAL or SEN read/ understand the questions; as children in a Key Stage 1 class can find reading difficult. For children who are in the high ability group further questions need to be asked to help encourage them further is one improvement which I could make to my plenary.

I am looking forward to using this presentation and the ones I observed in the workshop during my time in placement. They have all provided me with plenty of ideas to make subjects more interesting.

That's all from me, but that you for reading my week - by - week blog.

Bye x
Bye girl animated hand













  


No comments:

Post a Comment